Saturday 15 February 2014

KennyK Challenge time - Distressed Edges

Hi everyone
 
It's challenge time again over at KennyK's Krafty Krew
The theme set for this challenge is Distressed Edges
 
 
I am so excited that it was my turn to join the Krafty Krew for this challenge as today is new release day so I was extremely privileged to be given these two new Glam Girls to play with. Well let me tell you as soon as they hit my inbox they were sent to the printer within minutes! Today's release brings you two new digis, Fabby Farah and Sassy Sadie and when Tammy challenged us to using both on our DT cards - well..you know how much I like a challenge! So please meet Fabby Farah and Sassy Sadie  -
 
 
I merged the two digis together to make it look like they were dancing together. I had an idea for the layout in my head and as I always do opened the cameo software to plan the card in there. It ended up nothing like my original idea in my head but that's the way all my cards seem to turn out! I haven't really used much stash on this one to be honest I have let the digis speak for themselves they don't need much adding to them.
The papers are some I downloaded from Etsy from seller Erin Bradley (50% off at the moment)
The writing and die cuts are all done on the Cameo - the writing using Sketch pens.
I used a little metal charm I had in my stash and some hot pink pearls to finish off the ribbon border.  
 
 
The image is coloured with copics. Believe it or not the black haired girl (Sassy Sadie) started off blonde, but I wasn't happy with it so went over with B14 blue and then black 100 copic. Notice how even with two colours on top there's no bleeding? I finally have sourced a stamping paper I'm happy with. That Craft Place stocks super smooth paper and card (I have always used card but this paper is just fab and you get more sheets to the pack as its thinner) and it is just the business! I always put a lot of colour down anyway but with this paper its no problem there's never any bleed.
 
 
Pop back now to KennyK Krafty Krew blog and check out the rest of Team All That's great cards using these two new beauties. And don't forget to get your hands on these two new digis visit KennyK Downloads page.
 
Keep Smilin'
Stacey x

2 comments:

  1. SO fabulous, Stacey! Fantastic design and I love how you used the two images together! This rocks!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete